HEADTEACHER - SACRED HEART PRIMARY SCHOOL, LUTON
REQUIRED FROM SEPTEMBER 2023
‘Jesus at the Heart of All We Do’
‘Staff work well together as a team and have the pupils’ best interests at heart. They set
high standards right from the early years upwards, and expect pupils to meet them. Pupils
behave well in lessons and around the school. They are kind to one another. ‘
The Governors of Sacred Heart Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head who will continue to lead this popular faith school and inspire its children, staff and families ‘to be their best’. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future growth of our school by leading the strong and supportive team with enthusiasm, whilst continuing to improve and raise pupil achievement.
The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic and be highly passionate about Religious Education and the Catholic Life within our school, working closely with the Subject Leader and our Parish Priest.
As a school we can offer:-
• Sacred Heart is a warm and welcoming school embracing a strong Catholic ethos
• Articulate, engaged children who are keen to learn and have exceptional behaviour for learning;
• A thriving community of faith where all children are valued and cared for;
• A dedicated, inspiring and hardworking staff team committed to securing the best for all our pupils;
• Governors who are keen to support the school to achieve its mission and vision;
• A well established and welcoming parish community.
The successful candidate will:-
• Be a practising Catholic who is committed to the ethos and purpose of Catholic education and our shared mission;
• Have a proven record of successful leadership that has secured improved outcomes for all children;
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead and inspire our staff, pupils and parents;
• Be a strategic thinker who will continue to plan for the schools future development
• Be skilled in developing staff at all levels and driving excellence across the school
• Be a team player, effective collaborator and delegator;
• Have a clear understanding and knowledge of a range of operational strategies to secure improved outcomes for all our pupils.
This could be the ideal opportunity for an experienced deputy who is seeking their first Headship, or someone looking for their next exciting leadership challenge
Please contact the school office for an information pack or to arrange a visit on 01582 287480
Expected start date: January 2024
FOUNDATION DIRECTORS - OUR LADY IMMACULATE CATHOLIC ACADEMIES TRUST
The leaders, governors and directors of our Catholic schools are central to ensuring that the spiritual and academic life is the best it can be. Helping them and supporting more people to take on these rôles is crucial for the future of Catholic education in our diocese. If you have specific skills outlined below, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We need people who, in the midst of all changes to education policy, will keep Christ at the centre of everything they do. Bishop David would like you to consider whether you are someone who could serve our children as they grow in faith by volunteering as a Director of Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Academies Trust in the North of the Diocese.
Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Academies trust (OLICAT) comprises of the Catholic academies in Bedford, Northampton, Wellingborough, Kettering and Corby. It is Bishop David’s expectation that all diocesan Catholic schools will join one of the new Diocesan MATs in time.
Applications are open throughout the year and whilst you do not have to have worked in catholic education to apply, an understanding of the school system is desirable. We are looking for applicants with experience in business management and strategy, finance, HR or charity governance. This is a voluntary role and unpaid. Foundation Directors must be practicing Catholics and a priests reference will be sought as part of the application process. If you have any questions, or for further information please contact us using the details at the top of the page.
FOUNDATION LOCAL ACADEMY GOVERNORS - OUR LADY CATHOLIC ACADEMIES TRUST
Are you looking to give something back to the community? Are you in the position to volunteer time to a rewarding role that will truly make a difference to the young people in your parish and across the diocese? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We have vacancies in the following schools: St Thomas More Secondary School, Bedford; St Joseph’s and St Gregory’s Primary School, Bedford and St John Rigby Primary School, Bedford. We do not require any specific experience, just a willingness to learn about schools, training is provided. Foundation Governors must be practicing Catholics and a priests reference will be sought as part of the application process.
To find out more contact Andrew Waterhouse via email@example.com
Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Academies Trust encompasses schools in Bedford, Northampton, Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough. Click below to be taken to current vacancies in schools across the Trust.
St Thomas Catholic Academies Trust encompasses schools in Luton, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Slough. Click below to be taken to current vacancies in schools across the Trust.