Catholic Certificate in Religious Studiesor the Diocesan Certificate in Religious Studies
An exciting opportunity to study via Zoom
How the course works
Each route through the course (CCRS or DCRS) consists of six core modules in foundational areas of theology (Old and New Testament, Morality, Church, Jesus Christ, and the Sacraments) and the study of two special interest modules (Professional RE, Catechesis or Catholic Social Teaching) completed over about fourteen months.
Each module comprises:
- Two days of learning accessed on the Zoom platform
- A written assignment (CCRS) or short reflective log (DCRS)
The course is nationally accredited and managed and awarded by the Board of Religious Studies on behalf of the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales. Any person who is or wishes to be involved in Catholic education and formation may apply for this course. This includes those involved in Religious Education in schools, Parish Catechesis and other ministries in the Church. It is valuable for all teachers and an essential requirement for any teacher applying for senior management positions in Catholic education. It is ideal for anyone who wishes to follow the course for faith development or personal interest. The course seeks to ensure that participants have at least a basic knowledge and understanding of the beliefs of the Catholic Faith. It also provides a basis for further study.
Study for the Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies aims to:
- Provide teachers and those involved in parish ministry with knowledge and understanding of the teaching and beliefs of the Catholic Faith.
- Develop an appreciation of the principles of Catholic education at all levels
- Employ and encourage sound adult educational processes which express Gospel values
- Enhance understanding of education within the Church as a life-long process
- Enable all participants to make an informed contribution to their chosen field of work in the Church
- Highlight the role and function of Religious Education within the school curriculum
For further information please contact us using the details at the top of the page.
“As we look to the future of the Diocese, deepening our faith is so important. Learning, studying and reflecting together on your course will, I hope, bring you closer to God and strengthen you in his service and in the service of his people.”