events and Courses
The Diocesan Education Service organises and conducts many events and courses throughout the year. Follow the link below to find information about forthcoming events and courses and to book your place
The Diocesan Education Service exists to support Catholic education and formation across the Diocese of Northampton. Our remit is wide including the management of Schools and Academies, Adult Education and Religious Education in Schools. Reporting to Bishop David Oakley and led by Collette Curtis our main responsibilities are to:
- offer professional advice on the teaching of RE, collective worship and prayer and liturgy to all our schools
- help schools develop and preserve the distinctive Catholic nature of our schools through training, information and advice
- be responsible for the inspection of our schools and academies as Catholic schools, and their Religious Education in accordance with canonical and civil law.
- monitor and publish inspection reports and supports the implementation of recommendations
- offer professional advice on school admissions and governance in accordance with canonical and civil law
- share in responsibility for support for schools and academies as and when needed, and with Local Authorities and other external agencies.
- represent the Bishop at all appointments for Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Head of RE, Chaplain (or equivalent)
- organise and promote diocesan events for education including the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher conferences
Latest News and information
Ofsted are inspecting many schools at the moment, so don't forget to familiarise yourself with the Framework document. The education...
The Catholic Education Service is pleased to present this new RSHE E-Learning Course. This online training programme for teachers has...
The draft school admission appeals code 2022 (which has been corrected), remains provisional until it completes the Parliamentary process....
The Vatican have recently published a more in-depth and up-to-date reflection and guidelines on the value of the Catholic identity of...